Last Updated: 26 Nov 2021
Welcome to the Cookie and Privacy Policies of the LessonPlan Website and Mobile Application (the "Policies"), which is construed to be a binding agreement between you, the User and the Service Provider (in this policy, the “User” or “You” or “Your”), and LessonPlan which runs and administers the Platform which runs on the domain LessonPlan.com.sg and the Mobile Application (altogether for purposes the "Platform"). Through your access to the Platform it is construed that you agree with these policies and the manner in how we treat your personal information, gathered as determined in these policies. LessonPlan has set out these policies for Users to know and understand how the information is collected from them is managed and how it is collected. In case of any requests, observations, questions or other feedback, or personal data removal, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
- COLLECTED INFORMATIONWhenever a User visits, engages, registers or enters the Platform available on the Website and the Mobile Application, we may collect different types information:
- Personal Provided InformationWhen you access and log to the Platform using your personal data which may be stored on our services. Such information you share with us willingly, and may include, but is not limited to:
- Email Address.
- Payment method information.
- Mobile and/or Telephone Number.
- Other information which may from to time be required by LessonPlan.
- Provider informationWhen Service Providers register on the Platform they shall disclose information such as the services they offer, licenses, and other business-related information. This is not information which will be used for anything other than to be used on the Platform for the Services available thereon, and for Students and Tutors to be connected.
- Generic Information
- USE OF THE GATHERED INFORMATIONThe collected information of Users is mostly used by LessonPlan for running functionalities and features of the Platform, and mainly to allow its users to leave ratings, connect Students and Tutors, and offer the Services, as made possible through the available online forms through the Platform. The collected information may also be used by LessonPlan to better understand the behavior of users thereon and to implement new features to it. Occasionally LessonPlan may use the collected information to contact Users to their email address, to present them with changes or other information and options related to the Platform's related topics, products and/or services. The collected data of Users is not meant to be sold or shared with a third party at any time, unless by a legal order or subpoena, to which LessonPlan must legally comply with.
- PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATIONAbout the security of Users' information and data, LessonPlan intends to make reasonable efforts to protect its servers and databases, using third party security and encryption software to protect and attempt to keep harmless the confidentiality and privacy of User's information and personal data. Even so, Client hereby agrees and acknowledges that the internet is not a safe place or Platform, and that by far no website or mobile application is 100% safe, despite of any efforts to prevent breaches or attacks. Therefore, client states to understand that, despite LessonPlan's efforts, information may from time to time be accessed by any means or breach or shared or used in any way, or that such malicious parties may deposit any sort of malware or malicious software on our servers and which LessonPlan does not have knowledge of.The aforementioned does not count towards breaches done to any kind of account, and unauthorized access to the device used by User to access the Platform.From time to time parts of your information may be processed by a third party; such party shall be obligated to uphold these Policies, to protect the sensitive and personal data of Users of the Platform, in the same proportion, or better manner than LessonPlan does.
- CHILDRENS' PRIVACYLessonPlan and/or any of its affliate does not knowingly gather information of minors. The content of this Platform is not specifically targeted to exclusively to adults, however a Payment Method may be required to make payments. If anyone finds out that we have collected, without us knowing it, the information or data of children of the age of 17 or less, please send us an email to the stated email address in the first paragraph of these Policies.
- CHANGES TO THESE POLICIESLessonPlan may amend, change, or update these Policies from time to time, to either improve this section, or make LessonPlan more law compliant, following any changes or innovations to applicable law. You are required upon acceptance of these Policies to frequently visit this section or part of the Platform, to be notified of any changes. You waive all rights to be noticed of such changes, besides our noticing you in this section, and sending you and email to inform you of these changes, amendments and/or updates. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, LessonPlan may make reasonable efforts to give you notice on the change of these Policies.
- GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONIf you are a Citizen of the European Union or the EEA, including for the purposes of these policies the United Kingdom, this Section shall apply to You and grant you additional rights regarding the collected data.
- Principles pursued
- As suggested by the GDPR, the amount of collected data has been kept to the minimum, and just suffies what LessonPlan needs to satisfy the Services;
- LessonPlan shall inform you to your provided e-mail address of any changes made to this section or to these policies;
- The system shall require you to affrmatively consent with these policies and the terms of service of LessonPlan, when you report you come from a UE member country or the United Kingdom;
- As soon as LessonPlan becomes certain of a data breach, we will send out an email informing about such breach.
- Rights conferredYou may send an email to [email protected] to reasonably exercise any of the following rights:
Kindly allow our staff to respond to you in a reasonable amount of time for any email sent to the aforementioned address, for any of the rights considered in this Section 7.
- You may at any time require access to the data collected from you by LessonPlan;
- You may request that the collected data be deleted pursuant to your right to be forgotten;
- You may require that your collected data is transferred to you in a digital and readable format, and, if technically possible and feasible, the collected data be transferred to a different data collector, if such bridge where also technologically available;
- You may require rectification regarding any information collected from you which contains mistakes or has been misconstrued.
- Principles pursued